18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be
given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
- We should pray at all times, good or bad, thick or thin.
- We should pray for others and ourselves. We should ask for prayer.
- We should pray as God’s ambassadors to this world.
We should pray at all times, good or bad, thick or thin.
- Whether things are going well or not so well, we should be bringing our prayers to God.
- As humans, we have a tendency to only come to God when we need something. Or, we only thank God when we were getting what we want. No matter what we are going through, we should be talking to our Father.
We should pray for others and ourselves. We should ask for prayer.
- Paul asks with a great sense of self and of longing for his audience to pray for him.
- When did it become a sign of weakness to ask for prayer?
- We should be committed to pray for each other.
- Reading is the way you get through the Bible; prayer is the way you get the Bible through you.—Mark Batterson, The Circle Maker
We should pray as God’s ambassadors to this world.
- Prayer gives us the strength, the vision, the message to share with others.
- Prayer is our power source. When setting goals, we should start and end with prayer.
- Paul is in prison yet still presents the World boldly. He has good prayer support.